Last Update: 01/28/2018 by Hector Garcia, CPA
First, the top 3rd party tool I use everyday to import BANK transactions into QuickBooks when I have them in Excel or CSV is called: CSV2QBO by MoneyThumb
- Price: $59 for CSV2QBO
- Price $149 for PDF2QBO
- Price $249 for 2bo Convert Pro (which includes PDF2QBO, CSV2QBO, QIF2QBO, and PDF2CSV all in one)
- Price $2999 for 2bo Convert Pro+ (which includes PDF2QBO, CSV2QBO, QIF2QBO, and PDF2CSV all in one) and scanned statements as well
Description: works with major banks and credit cards in US, requires an original (not scanned) PDF statement or a Excel/CSV File, it will read the information and convert to .QBO for Bank Feeds. Our Full Review here
- Best part: .QBO Files import into ALL VERSIONS OF QuickBooks, Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Mac, and QuickBooks Online!
Secondly, I would like to list the built-in features that QuickBooks (N0 additional cost) already has regarding importing data already in excel straight into QuickBooks without the need of a third party software or fancy programming/coding skills.
Add/Edit Multiple Entries:
This feature was add on in QuickBooks 2010, it allows you to import the following: List Items (Inventory, Non-Inventory, and Services), Customer, and Vendors. The best part is you can actually copy and paste single columns or multiple columns.
Advanced Data Import
You can import Customers, Vendors, Items (all types), and Accounts (Chart of Accounts) including their beginning balances.
Batch Enter Transactions.
I have a complete article about using the Batch Enter Transactions to import excel into Quickbooks on this feature
With 3rd-Party applications
Now, I will continue to list the 3rd party utilities (extra cost and additional learning curve) that can import data that from excel that you couldn’t otherwise:
Zed Axis Importer 11.0
- Maker: Zed Systems
- Price: $195
- Link: http://www.zed-systems.com/products/axis.aspx
- Description: Can import all transaction types except payroll, hard to get to work at first, but once you get it once, it becomes easy to use. Map settings can be saved for repetitive imports.
- WORKS WITH QUICKBOOKS DESKTOP AND QUICKBOOKS ONLINE
eZ Account Import
- Maker: Zachary Systems
- Price: $120 per year
- Link: http://www.zacharysystems.com/ZSI_eZ_Acount_Import.aspx
- Description: Imports bank data from excel into QuickBooks Online Banking. I have never used this tool, just know it exists.
RSSBus Excel Add-in for QuickBooks
- Price: $89
- Link: http://www.rssbus.com/excel/?tabs=2
- Description: Work 100% within excel, you can even import data into Excel from QuickBooks. You can modify it, delete rows, and/or add new data. It is a bit cumbersome to use, even within excel.
Transaction Pro Importer
- Maker: Baystate Consulting
- Price: $199
- Link: TPI
- Description: Very complete package with comprehensive set of tools. We will test it and write a full review.
IIF Transaction Creator
- Big Red Consulting
- Price: $99
- Link: http://bigredconsulting.com/products/iif-transaction-creator-for-quickbooks/
- Description: Works 100% within excel, then export to IIF which is QuickBooks’ natural transaction importing environment. Can import: Customer Invoice, Customer Credit Memo, Customer Sales Receipt, Customer Payment Received, Customer Statement Charge, Customer Estimate, Vendor Bill, Vendor Bill Credit, Vendor Bill Payment, Check, Vendor Item Receipt, Vendor Purchase Order, Bank Check, Bank Deposit, Credit Card Charge, Credit Card, Credit, General Journal, Inventory Adjustment, and Transfers.
Dynamic Ventures General Journal Entry
- Dynamic Ventures
- Price: $0
- Link: http://marketplace.intuit.com/AppID-2908-Overview.aspx
- Description: This is a sample made my a custom software and custom quickbooks add-on developer. The utility is FREE