It is September 2018 and QuickBooks Desktop 2019 is coming out and I think QuickBooks Desktop Accountant is currently the BEST bang for the buck of all the versions of QuickBooks across the entire ecosystem.
How much is QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2019?
These prices are no published anywhere, because this edition of QuickBooks is only sold through reseller and direct-to-accountant channels
1-User Edition: $549
3-User Edition: $1,399
5-User Edition: $1,549
10-User* License: $2899
There is a cap on the number of simultaneous users that can access a single company file, which is five, in other words, if you have 10 users with QuickBooks not all 10 can be connected simultaneously to the same company file.
Is QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2019 only for Accountants?
It is “sold” that way, but I recommend the Accountant Edition to ALL my clients, I try to get as many people in Accountant Edition instead of Pro/Premier for the plethora of additional features!
How long will QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2019 be supported for?
In theory, the software works “forever” (as long as you have compatible version of Windows); however Intuit only updates and supports the software for 3 years after release, and sunsets the software support on May 31st of the consequent year, so it should be supported until May 31st, 2022.
Why should I get QuickBooks Accountant 2019 instead of QuickBooks Premier 2019?
- Batch Enter Transactions: You can quickly copy/paste data from an excel spreadsheet into QuickBooks for these transaction types: Checks, Credit Card Charges, Deposits, Invoices/Credit-Memos, and Bills/Bill-Credits.
- Batch Delete Transactions: This feature lets you delete or void Invoice, Bille, and Check transactions in a batch
- Batch Reclassify Transactions allows you to reclassify the accounts and classes wrongly categorized in batch
- Create Period copy great for exporting a file for audits and/or data from a limited time period.
- You can Work with 2 company files simultaneously.
- Client Data Review is the fastest way to write off invoices, fix open balances, fix undeposited funds, fix sales tax, and troubleshoot inventory issues
- Fixed Asset Manager to calculate depreciation from Fixed-Asset Items
- Comments to Reports can be added to print reports with footprints as well
- Statement Writer allows you to create custom, compliant, financial reports
And, if you are an accountant receiving a copy of the file from a client,
- Receive Accountants Copy, you can make changes and send changes back to client
- Send Journal Entries to clients that send the accountant a copy of the QuickBooks file
- Toggle to any version of QuickBooks to be able to “see what their clients see” (Accountant, Pro, or Premier any of the industry editions: Contractor, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Retail, Professional Services, and Nonprofit
Why should I get QuickBooks Accountant or Premier 2019 instead of QuickBooks Pro 2019?
QuickBooks Desktop Accountant has all the features that QuickBooks Desktop Premier has:
- Industry Specific Reports specific for these industries: Contractor, Manufacturing and Wholesale, Professional Services, Retail, and Non-Profit.
- Sales Orders: I tend to describe this features in the QuickBooks Courses i teach as “a transaction between an estimate and an invoice”. Estimates are simple to explain, they are non-posting transactions and do not affect any accounting or inventory. Invoices are transactions used to complete a sale affecting sales and inventory. So, Sales Orders are used to create an internal control of approved orders or approved estimates, but do not post into sales; but, the key element of the sales order is the backorder. A Backorder is a way to reserve or the inventory if it is in stock or commit it so when it gets received.
- Creating purchase orders straight from estimates or sales orders. This allows the user to use the item information already found on a “pre-sale” worksheet such as an estimate and sales order to create a purchase order using the preferred vendors assigned to the items
- Inventory Center, which was introduced in version 2012, found in 2013 and 2014 as well. This is a center dedicated to help the user quickly analyze or identify all transactions that involve a particular inventory item. For years the Customer Center and the Vendor center have been very popular features, and finally there is a similar interface dedicated to inventory items.
- Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet is a module that allows the user to preview all fulfillable sales orders based on inventory quantities and can batch print pick tickets and/or packing slips.
- Per item price levels let you set custom prices for items that are associated with different customers or jobs. QuickBooks Pro has fixed percentage price levels only.
- 10 additional Sample files encompassing these industries: non-profit, contractor, manufacturing, wholesale/distribution, consulting, engineering firm, graphic design/advertising, law firm, retail with summary sales from POS system, retail with detailed sales in QuickBooks. very useful for people learning or wanted to practice in an environment similar to their industry. QuickBooks Pro includes a general Product and general Service sample file only.
- Inventory Assembly, as defined by Intuit: is one of the types of line items you can use when you are filling out a sales or purchase form. An assembly item lets you combine inventory part items and other assembly items (subassemblies) into a single item by defining a Bill of Materials, which lists the assembly item’s component parts. You can also include the costs associated with building the assembly item by adding non-inventory part items, service items, and “other charge” items to the Bill of Materials. Creating and adding assembly items to inventory is a two-step process.
- Bill of Materials for Inventory Assemblies, it specifies what components go into making the assembly item, and then you build a certain quantity of the assembly item so QuickBooks can deduct the component parts from inventory and add new quantities of the assembled item. In other words, as soon as you build an assembly item, its component parts no longer exist as separate parts in inventory because they have become part of a new inventory item called an assembly.
- Enter Min and Max inventory levels for restocking control (Pro only works with Min levels)
- Auto Copy Ship-To Address: This is great for companies converting Sales Orders to Purchase orders with DROP SHIP.
- Current Availability window is a preview to current availability of inventory (based on quantity on hand, minus quantity on backorder from sales orders)
- Multiple Units of Measure, for example, allows you to buy by the dozen and sell by the unit,
- Billing Rate Levels is to have custom service item rates for different employees and vendors, so you you can charge different rates for an employee based on the service rendered, all while using the same sales item in invoices, but performed by different employees or vendors.
- Forecasts, this adds another dimension to Budgets with their own reports.
- Batch Invoicing: create an invoice you want to send to multiple or even all customers with the same items in a single batch. Customers can be grouped into Billing Groups.
- Invoice from Time & Expenses it to let you invoice customers with un-billed time and expenses directly from a single list. You can view subtotals of your unbilled time and expenses for each customer, filter the list by date, sort your results, and select which customers to bill.
- Balance Sheet by Class Report. Pro version can do Profit & Loss by Class, but not Balance Sheet
- Change Order notes, option thats adds a note with timestamp of changes made to an estimate.
- Previous Reconciliation Reports, unlimited history of previous reports from reconciliations. QuickBooks Pro will only have the last report reconciled.
- 1-Click Reverse Journal Entry, creates a journal entry with opposing debits and credits on the next day of the original Journal Entry.
- Job Costing Center, one worksheet to review all Job Costing related functions. Only available when installed as Contractor Edition.
- QuickBooks Business Planner is a built-in tool based on Atlas Business Solutions, Inc’s Ultimate Business Planner. Simple tool that can create very comprehensive Business Plans and it can take the data straight from your QuickBooks file to reduce data entry of financial data.
Long story short, QuickBooks Premier and Accountant and much best suited for any business that uses inventory and/or manages Job Costing
Why should I get QuickBooks Desktop Edition instead of QuickBooks Online?
Easy answer is both because AND and features. For example at $60/month, QuickBooks Online will cost $2,160 for 3 years (assuming price stays the same vs. QuickBooks Desktop Accountant for 5 users which will cost $1,549 for the 3 years is supported. However, it would be easy to argue that the total cost of QuickBooks Online could be lower if you add the cost of maintaining a local server and networks, that is a factor as well. In this page, I list all the features that are worth comparing with QuickBooks Online vs. Desktop: https://qbkaccounting.com/quickbooks-pro-vs-quickbooks-online/
How do I purchase QuickBooks Accountant 2019?
You can e-mail me you needs: email@example.com, call my office 954-414-1524, or purchase directly from our website. Use Coupon code PREORDER for $50 off