FYI, there are major differences between the American & Canadian versions of QuickBooks Enterprise. Major differences include:
- US version has a great integration with merchant services (i.e. ability to charge a credit card within QuickBooks, ability to add a “Pay Now” field to an invoice, etc.) Canadian clients can use 3rd party merchant service solutions but almost no in-product integration.
- QuickBooks Enterprise does not offer Silver/Gold/Platinum editions in Canada.
- US version has an optional add-on for field management services. The Canadian version has not rolled out this feature to-date although there are 3rd party add-ons to fill the void
- US version has an optional add-on for a POS system. Canadian clients use 3rd party POS platforms that integrate in QuickBooks
- US version has “mobile barcode scanning”. The Canadian version has not rolled out this feature to-date however the Canadian version does offer “barcode scanning”
- US version can calculate depreciation of assets automatically. The Canadian version has not rolled out this feature as the American tool is based on IRS standards.
- US version has an add-on called Advanced Reporting which has not been rolled out in Canada.
- American offering is priced in USD while the Canadian offering is priced in CDN dollars.