I get this Question ALL the time. QuickBooks Pro 2015 it is an amazing software program for $250, but sometimes is worth it to form up the extra $200 for the Premier Edition 2015, and this is when:
QuickBooks Premier will be mostly for companies with these needs:
- With Inventory, such as Wholesale & Distribution. The particular feature people like on this is the Sales Order, not available in Pro, Mac or Online Editions. The Inventory Center and Item-Specific Price Levels is also a unique feature.
- Sell at Retail, such as Retail Stores. The particular feature people like are the item-level profitability reports, not available in Pro, Mac or Online Editions.
- Assemble Items, such as Manufacturing. The particular feature people like on this is Build Assemblies. Also the multiple units of measurement are not available in Pro, Mac, or Online Editions.
- Contracting or Construction. Because Premier can handle Change Order notations and Job Costing Reports required to prepare Cost to Complete (similar to WIP) reports.
- Consulting or Professional Services. Because of the billing rate level feature, not available in Pro, Mac or Online Editions.
- Non for Profit, Because they can track Balance Sheet by Class (Fund), and has customized reports for profit organizations, not available in Pro, Mac or Online Editions.
- Property Managers or Home-Owners Associations. Because of its ability to perform batch invoicing with the same item/service to all customer or group of customer in a single batch, not available in Pro, Mac or Online Editions.
There are a few extras you will get with Premier that you will not get with Pro:
- QuickBooks Premier can have up to 5 simultaneous users, vs. Pro can only have up to 3.
- Review Reconciliation reports older than last reconciled month.
- Item-Level Price Levels, allowing you to set multiple price tables for items. Great for discounts, packages, or pricing for specific client groups.
- Invoice from time & expenses in batch.
- Batch invoice all customers, or group of customers the same items/services
- Multiple units of measurement. Buy in Dozens, sell in units.
- Sales Orders. For creating backorders. This is a pretty big deal, make or break for most of my clients
- Create Purchase Orders straight from Estimates and Sales Orders
QuickBooks Premier 2015 should be $150-200 more per user than QuickBooks Pro in the average
We are resellers, so we can answer any technical questions regarding choosing, 1-800-819-6307