If you are planning to use the new version of QuickBooks Online, you will notice certain changes in the way you can send an invoice to your customers. In this new version, the invoicing feature has been made much more powerful. Considering the fact that most users on QuickBooks use email for invoicing, the changes have been made to provide them with additional flexibility.
How the New Feature Works
When you save and send an invoice through QuickBooks, a preview of your outgoing mail is first displayed along with the invoice. This way, if you want to personalize the default email message that goes with your invoices, you can do that right away. The invoice is always sent as an attachment that opens in a separate browser when your customer clicks on it.
Tips on Creating Invoices
To make the most of this feature, here are a few tips you can consider.
- If you want to see the preview of your email in an enlarged window, you can click on the Print icon at the bottom of the form. This way, you can make absolutely sure that your email is worded and created perfectly.
- To create a template message that you can send out with your email messages to customers, you can use the “Make Recurring” option. You will find this option at the bottom of the form. You can name the template and select whether you want to send out a scheduled message using the same template or not.
- If you want to create a lot of invoices at once for printing, you can use the following shortcuts:
- CTRL + Alt + s for Windows
- CTRL + Option + s for Mac
- At the bottom of the form, you will notice a “More” button. Clicking it will give you access to a number of other features like Cut and Delete.
With these improved features, you can now easily invoice your customers through emails or other ways with your QuickBooks account.